3D printer - Velleman K8200
The Velleman K8200 is an opensource RepRap printer, also sold under the 3Drag name. This printer is connected to a Raspberry Pi with OctoPrint installed. To use, plug the 3d printer and Raspberry Pi into the mains and switch on, after a minute or so the Raspberry Pi will launch the webbased OctoPi control software. Connect your computer to the Makerspace wifi and point your web browser at http://192.168.1.20.
Currently NOT in service
|Build volume:||200mm x 200mm x 200mm|
|Filament types||Most, but prefers PLA|
|Max hotend temperature:||275 deg. C|
|Max bed temperature:||80 deg. C|
|Hotend||Genuine E3D all metal hotend|
|Extruder||Genuine E3D Titan extruder|
- Magic numbers for Layer heights, use these for best quality:
- 0.100 mm
- 0.150 mm
- 0.175 mm
- 0.200 mm
- 0.225 mm
- 0.250 mm
- 0.275 mm
- 0.300 mm
- 0.325 mm
The Firmware has recently (20/12/2018) been updated to Marlin 1.1.9 with thermal runaway protection enabled. Certain constraints have been limited in firmware
- Maximum hot end temperature is 275 deg.C
- Maximum bed temperature is 80 deg.C
- Thermal runaway is now enabled
- Install RAMPS control board, Or possible a SKR1.3 32 bit board
- Install new belts and tighten properly
- Consider installing second Z lead screw and motor
- Consider upgrading heated bed
- New Easy Peelsy magnetic bed surface has been installed. Please do not use scrapers on it. Clean with Isopropanol before using.
- Install new E3D hotend and direct drive Titan extruder for 1.75mm filament
- Look at Z nut, currently has a lot of backlash. Complete, but Z flexible coupler needs replacing, new one is on order - Installed.
- Install new power supply - This is the next upgrade required, current power supply cannot keep the bed up to temperature - ordered.