Information about COVID-19
According to Government guidance from 4th July Community Centres and Social Clubs can re-open providing they follow the COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
- The Makerspace will reopen on the 1st August but will require pre-booking.
- A booking is made for a specific area - 3D printers, workshop, lasers area (with one table), soldering area (with end table) and the multipurpose room downstairs.
- Only monthly paying members can book, existing members only (we are unable to provide any inductions at this time).
- You may bring one other non member within your social bubble with you to your booked area. They must follow the same rules
- Do not enter the space if you are suffering from any Covid-19 symptoms and are not self-isolating.
- If you have entered the makerspace and subsequently test positive for Covid-19 within 7 days you must let us know immediately so we can quarantine the space for 72 hours and notify other members.
- Face coverings should be worn at all times
- The first table upstairs is a sanitising/cleaning/PPE station. Please use this as you enter the space.
- Equipment should be cleaned by the user before and after use. Keyboards are difficult to clean so either bring your own if you can, otherwise use gloves.
- Ensure that nothing is left on the tables or in the work areas when you leave.
- The kitchen in the space is closed. Eating is not permitted in the space but you can bring your own drink. Please ensure you take any waste home.
- The downstairs toilet is closed, The upstairs toilet can be used but please clean it after you have used it.
- There is no specific one way system but no passing on the stairs.
- No more then 5 social bubbles (each a maximum of 2 people) in the space at one time.
- Signage will be in place, please follow these.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings and close the space at any time.
- Special care needs to be taken with lone working. See the guidance here
- If you need to open or close the space please see the keyholder guidance here#
- You enter the space at your own risk, the Makerspace has taken reasonable precautions but cannot be held accountable if you do contract Covid 19
- Face coverings should be worn
- First table upstairs is sanitising/cleaning/PPE station - move this closer to the door, one way round this for entrance/exit
- A booking should be made for a specific space - 3D printers, workshop, lasers area (with one table), soldering area (with end table), multipurpose room
- Tables should be varnished - use the floor varnish
- Swap fabric chairs for plastic ones
- Equipment should be cleaned by the user - we will provide cleaning equipment, agreed as part of conditions of entry
- Bring your own keyboard if you can, otherwise use gloves
- Get some paper towels/dispenser and bin - remove fabric towels
- kitchen in the space is closed. eating is not permitted in the space but you can bring your own drink. take any waste home.
- No passing on the stairs, otherwise no one way route
- no more then 5 social bubble (max 2) in the space at once
- Only monthly paying members can book, existing members only
- We give a key to those that need it for access
- Meet again next Tuesday, target beginning of august
|Area Not In Use|
rules (JL to make pages)
- write in a better format and communicate out
- brief keyholder responsibilities
- Lone Working policy
- paper towel dispensers.
- j cloths
in the space (SC upstairs, MH downstairs)
- varnish tables
- setup cleaning station
- tidy up
- install paper towel dispensers
- put up signs
- swap chairs
- create a poll to see who wants to use the space, we are looking at restricted opening with booking - MH
- setup booking system - JL
- send out comms - JL