How you can help
Want to help make the space? There are always things that need hacking at, tidying, fixing, investigating, or flat out throwing away.
The incoming donations area usually has a motley array of nonsense in it that needs testing, triaging, fixing, salvaging, throwing out, or some combination thereof.
Working_Parties#Lesser_Tasks also contains a list of minor tasks that can be done during operating hours.
Software & setup
- Get the vinyl cutter working - some software has arrived, testing is needed.
- The PCs need some tinkering again; PC3/Centre (nearest grey cupboard) seems to only output VGA (or the monitor ignores DVI). It might be a BIOS setting issue; ignore the top graphics ports!
- PC2/Back (middle of the 3 PCs) seems to overscan; likely either graphics settings or monitor issue, but nothing obvious. DVI use may fix it.
- Generally compact and tessellate Palletron; about half of the space is dead and could be more efficiently used, with uncommonly needed resources lower down in the stacks.
- The Laser PSU needs properly attaching, and the new Air Assist Control System (TM) needs installing
- Sort out the the boxes of donations/cabley nonsense on Palletron. Right hand side of the middle shelf.