Proposed for future working parties.
This is also the de facto Job List. The distinction between Lesser and Major tasks is simply whether it can be completed whilst the Space is open without major disruption to the users, not time or effort required. If you wish to help, pick something from Lesser and get stuck in!
- Improve lighting
- Inventory list to be created / updated. There are new additions to the Workshop, and asset listing seemingly stopped after the grey cupboard was itemised.
- Lay a false/drop ceiling to keep heat at a useful height. Materials need discussion and then sourcing.
- Put the insulation in the workshop somewhere more useful.
- (Re)wire the kitchen. [In progress!]
- And presumably some gap filling and then painting would be required.
- We also need to paint more of the ceiling. We have extendable rollers and pogo sticks; choose your weapon wisely.
- The Workshop is pretty musty from condensation under the roof. We need to work out some long-term solution to this. [Double glazing has been costed for grant purposes, roof insulation and ventilation fan pending.]
- Build under-eaves racking...
- Tidy up. Some PR photos of the place then looking sensible would be useful too
- Tile the kitchen wall above the sink
- Remove the van from the ceiling
- Set up the kitchen cabinets once the kitchen wiring/decor state allows it. [This is now in progress]
- Fix / calibrate Da Vinci 3D printer. [Steve has been fiddling aggressively with #4 and square things have been sighted. We await further news.]
- Fiddle with the stair light sensor to make it more helpfully ranged. Currently it will operate when you are already halfway up the stairs, or already on the balcony whilst nightblind from leaving the Space.
- Upgrade front door camera.
- Acquire and deploy a cooker. (The breakfast maker doesn't count - we're not cooking for ants.)
- Make another Cyclone for the left side extractor; system in two halves since pipe friction gives rapidly diminishing returns with the available horsepower. Curse you, physics! [Nearly done!]
- A spray booth is on the cards, as we have another extractor fan now.
- Fix concerningly squeaky workshop hatch.
- Workshop tool rack. Pegboard based perhaps? (Adam has A Cunning Plan. Waiting until we have our own set of hand tools first though.)
- Clean and deploy the drawers somewhere sensible.
- Sort & assess the supplies / materials / inventables / debris on the workshop racking. Possibly some of these articles could then go in the drawers.
- We have an old shower tray surplus to requirements, hiding in the workshop. It needs extracting, photographing and listing somewhere like Gumtree or Ebay.
- Freecycle or take the above item to the tip when it doesn't sell.
- Close the roof windows in a lasting fashion. Steve has been going up and down the ladder like a demented yo-yo thanks to the recent gales providing us with impromptu ventilation.
- Fix the doorbell - it seems to work 80% of the time, when it feels like it, only if it's completely dry, and there is not a full moon. Usually.
- Experiment with Left and see if the vinyl cutter can work with Virtualbox or similar - it needs Windows XP. Maybe compatibility mode?. [Update: Jon has Done Things, we may need to find non-commercial software]]'
- The shelves in the workshop really need some sorting through, not all has to be done at once. Ideally that area should eventually end up free for machinery or a workbench.
- We've had some donations of Misc Stuff In Boxes. Currently at the top right of Palletron, they need sorting and curating/defenestrating as required.
Administration / paperwork tasks:
Remember that this is a wiki. Not everything needs doing at once or by one person.
- Rules. We have a code of conduct but no actual hard rules. Common sense sadly isn't always and we do need to codify things for member reference if nothing else. [drafted]
- Write a New User Guide. Friendly introduction material on how to use the space, where to find resources, help yourself to tea, etc. [initial version drafted]
- Proofread the Wiki, especially articles linked from the Main Page - this is a wiki so don't feel you need to do it all at once!
- Potential grants need research and chasing. There are many options here so lots of people can help out.
- Paperwork, some pertaining to the above. Health and Safety Policy (drafted, awaiting feedback) , risk assessment updates (addendum drafted, awaiting feedback) , power tool usage policy (drafted, awaiting feedback).
- Fit final rails to storage bays [Peter and Adam]
- Clear up the desks. Far too much clutter has ossified and we're running out of flat space. [group effort]
- Fix the main door closer. Trying to lock up in a high wind is ... challenging.
- Fit the second lock to the door [Martin]
- Clamp rack / panel clamping setup. Technically this may be two enterprises. [Adam]
- Re-evaluate front room storage. Tables are colonised by in-progress projects as there is nowhere large enough. Maybe move yellow pigeonholes to front area where it can also be a divider, and put the workshop shelves here instead? Contents of those shelves would then live on the under-eaves racking. [Adam & Jon - budget barracks now in situ!]
- Workshop dust management system. Cyclone separator and blastboxes are complete, the hosing and gate relays are also completed. All hoover hose donations are much appreciated. [Adam]
- Wood storage system, ideally on casters. Currently the idea is for something like the illicit lovechild of these two - to this end we also need more pallets and scrap wood. Also casters. [Woodzilla is now complete! You may have noticed the subtle presence in the workshop. It's the thing that looks like a battering ram / triple decker coffin on wheels. (Jon and Adam)]
- Fix the cold tap in the toilet [Done by Jon]
- Install a window in the laser extractor fan housing, given recent events. [Completed by Adam and Jon; laser supervisor installed at the same time]
- LED light needs installing in workshop on the CNC side. [Done by Jon]
- Laser chores; test & prove to seller that the PSU popped, find optimal method and install cutout switch, case and install ammeter [Group effort; Jon, David, Adam & Phil]
- Install micro guttering or a wicking drainage system to stop the Workshop condensation from dripping randomly. If it absolutely must drip it needs to do it in an orderly fashion! [Created by Adam; field test results positive!]
- Fix the bench power supply [Group effort]
- Labels for the various anonymous tool boxes (Adam)
- Rack for storage boxes (Martin)
- The Workshop Door (Adam & Jon).
- Fit curtains (Rails, nets and curtains)
- Fit lock to second room
- Move the cupboard/contents from the church
- Run wired network to main tables Network
- Fit doorbell
- Install permanent sign
- Install our own wireless AP (one AP installed, thanks Phil)
- Work bench for soldering, 3D printing etc, to be built and installed to room one
- Setup Raspberry Pi work station
- Projector stand
- Projector screen